Nine DXpeditions to DXCC “Ten Most Wanted”
Abstract: From 1993 through 2010, this DVD presents highlights of nine adventures to the “Rarest of the Rare” DXCC entities!!
Producer: Bob Allphin K4UEE
These nine DXpedition video excerpts tell compelling stories of fear, frustration, and sheer joy as DX traveler Bob Allphin, K4UEE and his teammates recount the highlights (and low-lights) of their most heralded trips, most named “DXpeditions of the Year” — and all to the rarest-of-the-rare DXCC entities.
- 3YØX, Peter One — nearly 90,000 Qs from the bottom of the world
- A52A, Bhutan — the mysterious and exciting Kingdom nestled in the Himalayas
(footage contributed by James Brooks, 9V1YC)
- AH1A, Howland Island — where Amelia Earhart disappeared
- K5D, Desecheo Island – so rare, so near, yet so far
- PJ6A, Saba – first contacts from a brand new DXCC entity
- VKØIR, Heard Island — with its ominous and active volcano rising to 8,000ft
- VP8GEO, South Georgia — the final resting place of Sir Ernest Shackleton
- VP8THU, South Sandwich — nearly 30,000 Qs in a three-day strike
- VU7RG, Lakshadweep — from the #2 most wanted DXCC entity
Please plan to attend this meeting.